Thursday, January 1, 2015

Be a Church that Reaches it's City in 2015!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE, 2015!

The Lord has really been bugging me about what I'm suppose to be doing this next year as the LCMC Coordinator for New Ministry Development.  I'm not giving up on those of you who feel called to start a conventional church plant, but more-and-more I'm inclined in my missional thinking that our new plants (and even our existing congregations) have to be started and led in a completely new manner, in order to completely connect to people that are currently disconnected from faith and the work of the church.

In addition, I believe that too many of us "church people" think only of our particular church family, when the Great Commission calls us to reach the nations.  In many ways, we are settling for leading at halftime, or being ok with a tie, instead of winning the game.  We confuse doing programming well with doing people well.  FOR MORE on this, check-out this article by the Verge Network.  In my opinion, it's a bulls-eye for truly reconciling, redeeming and restoring the people, places and things in YOUR SPHERE of influence over the next year and beyond.  Let me know what you think.

In the meantime, I bless you in the name of Jesus--- to be ordinary people doing extraordinary things!
-Dan


No comments:

Post a Comment